Sunday, December 21, 2008

Retraction


So after chipping our car out of its half inch encasement I need to retract my implications that Portlanders are wimps when it comes to snow. My winters in Utah never had the wind factor that we have here in Portland. I never had to chip thick ice off the car. Brrrrrr. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Utahns or others are wimps by any means.

14.5 inches so far and we are expecting 5 more tomorrow and Christmas day! We are pretty much snowed in here for the holidays. So from Portland we wish you all a warm Christmas.

6 comments:

Willie said...

Maybe. But we still deal with the wind in Idaho and Wyoming.

Joanna said...

I'm so sorry you have to deal with that. It hasn't been very fun shoveling snow here in Moscow, but I'm grateful we haven't had ice!

Have a very Merry Christmas. I hope you can make it to Mom & Dad's. Sorry I won't be there. Hopefully I can come see you before long.

Love, Jo

Brendan & Jessica said...

MidSpeck, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply that other areas had an easy Winter. It's brutal out there. My attitude of Portlanders changed.

Diana said...

Nah, don't apologize to MidSpeck. He can handle a little wind--haha, jk.
You Portlanders are troopers.

Brendan & Jessica said...

Diana, you Seattlites (?) are troopers too. It sounds like you guys are pretty much getting the same snow we are. Keep warm!

Nicole said...

Jess, that picture of Hobbes is precious.

I hope you had a fun Christmas. I LOVE being home for Christmas now that we have kiddos.