Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Biggest Loser

I can't help but brag a little about my husband. I hope this doesn't embarrass him too much. My family started a Biggest Loser type weight loss competition in October I believe. The goal was obviously to lose weight. You were awarded points for losing weight and exercising and we had occasional weekly challenges that gave you additional points. You would get negative points for gaining weight and for eating sweets. You also had to pay a monetary penalty for each sweet you had beyond a weekly free one.

We've done this competition several times. The first time was while Brendan and I were dating. It really helped me get in shape and lose my freshman 15 I was still hanging on to after college. We did it again shortly after we were married. We both participated but neither of us really were committed to it so we didn't do well.

Mom, Dad, Marianne, Joanna, Valerie, Liz, Brendan and I were competing this round. I was on a modified version since I'm pregnant. So my goal was to gain weight, but not more than I was supposed to during my pregnancy. I mainly wanted to participate to support Brendan and to be motivated to exercise regularly and to not eat sweets.

Brendan was the overall winner of the competition! He lost around 40 pounds in 3 months! He was really good about sticking to a diet and going to the gym regularly.

WAY TO GO SWEETIE! I'M PROUD OF YOU FOR BEING THE BIGGEST LOSER!

The family is thinking about starting the competition up again so I'm sure we'll be signing up again. We've both still got awhile to go before we reach our goal weights but we are excited to be more healthy, happy, and have more energy to chase after Hobbes.

No comments: