Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Desmond

I can't believe that Desmond is already 7 months old. I know it sounds cliché, but it's absolutely true: it seems like just yesterday that he was born. He really has been a wonderful baby. A good eater and usually a good sleeper. He puts up with Hobbes trading toys with him. All in all, he is a joy to have around. He's mastered sitting up and is always reaching for things. I've found that if he can see an object he won't give up until he reaches it. I often hold him while I'm doing work at the computer and he quickly loses interest in his "baby" toys and grabs my pens, post-it notes or other odds and ends. He must have sophisticated taste that childish baby toys don't keep his interest.

He is almost ready to crawl. He'll be on all fours and just rock back and forth for minutes. So my little baby will be mobile any day now. He'll also have teeth pretty soon. I have a bitter-sweet feeling about this. I feel like every new milestone takes my little baby farther away. I guess with Hobbes every milestone was so exciting because it was the first smile, the first tooth, the first step, etc. It was all new and exciting. But now I know that with each new skill it means eventually little Desmond will be more and more independent like his brother Hobbes. I'm sure this is just one of the banes of parenthood. I'll just enjoy everyday while I have it.

Here are a few of my favorite pictures of Desmond.




3 comments:

Diana said...

OH MY WORD!!! HE IS SO ADORABLE! And i still just adore your name choice

Christina said...

He is getting so big he is so cute!!!:) THey both are!

The Marley Family said...

I'm so excited I found your blog! I love all the pics.